Sous Chef Boutique Hotel Cheltenham - up to £36k plus grats potential to take over £40kpa
KSB Recruitment is looking for an experienced Sous Chef to work in a luxury hotel in the centre of Cheltenham. This 84-bedroom boutique hotel offers afternoon tea, weddings, seminars, and meetings catered for in the hotel’s restaurant, its tea room, or an exquisite suite. This is the perfect opportunity for a Sous Chef to work at a grand hotel in the beautiful Cheltenham where you will be cooking for guests enjoying a relaxing stay in a stunning location. This is the perfect chance to improve your cooking skills and work alongside a motivated kitchen team.
This is not an opportunity to be missed so don't hesitate to apply!
- Great career opportunity
- Friendly working environment
- 40 Contracted hours per week
- Great work-life balance
- Salary up to £36k plus grats - potential takeover £40kpa
- Overtime paid
- Cooking high standard food for all guests
- Working with fresh, seasonal ingredients to create British Classic Dishes
- Overseeing/ supporting the Head Chef with their duties
- Working in a timely manner whilst maintaining the high-end food standard
- Able to modify dishes to meet customers dietary requirements
- Be prepared to take charge when the Head Chef is out of the kitchen
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen
- Able to work in a timely manner as the hotel can get very busy
- Working with fresh ingredients
- Work in compliance to a safe working environment by complying with current legislation with regards to Food Hygiene Regulations, COSHH, and HACCP
- Ensure Food Safety Documentation is maintained as per the company Food Safety Policy
- Being aware of allergy risks in prepared dishes including cross-contamination and ensuring all are labelled correctly.
What We'd Love You To Have:
- Experience working as a Sous Chef in a similar environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Have the confidence to take charge of the kitchen when the Head Chef is unavailable
- Willing to work well as part of a team
- Be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ideally need to drive due to location
- Be an honest, transparent, and consistent individual
If this job sounds perfect for you, hit the 'Apply' button below!